| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Van in January is slightly cold at -4.2 °C (24.44 °F).
- Afternoons can be very cool with average high temperatures reaching 1.1 °C (34 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cold with an average low of -8.3 °C (17.1 °F).
- In January the mean daily temperature range/ variation is 9.4 °C (16.9 °F).
- The weather in January is dry with intermittent snow. A mere 34.8mm (1.4in) of liquid precipitates across on average 8 days.
- The skies in Van are a little dull with on balance a mere 4:11 of brilliant sunlight per day.
- The shortest day is 9:31 long and the longest day is 10:10 long with an average length of 9:48.
- There are approximately 5:27 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 43.5% of daylight hours and cloudy 56.5% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Van January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Van, Turkey
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Van: